AKC PuppyFinder: Belgian Laekenois Puppies
- Breed Traits
- Personality: Loyal, protective, and a quick learner; a whole lot of dog for the right owner
- Energy Level: Very Active; plenty of exercise is a must for this workaholic
- Good with Children: Better with Supervision
- Good with other Dogs: With Supervision
- Shedding: Seasonal
- Grooming: Occasional
- Trainability: Eager To Please
- Height: 24-26 inches (male), 22-24 inches (female)
- Weight: 55-65 pounds
- Life Expectancy: 10-12 years
- Barking Level: Barks When Necessary
- History & Job
Breed History & Job Description: The Laekenois backstory is roughly the same as that of the other Belgian herders: The small but industrious country of Belgium has always been a thriving center of meat, wool, and dairy production, and old-time Belgian farmers were, not surprisingly, preoccupied with dogs that could drive and protect livestock. The Laekenois is named for the Chateau de Laeken, one of the palaces of the outdoorsy Queen Marie-Henriette (born 1836), who was preoccupied with horses and dogs. The Laekenois was said to be the queen’s favorite breed.
Read the Official Breed Club Health Statement.
Recommended Health Tests from the National Breed Club:
- Hip Evaluation
- Elbow Evaluation
- Ophthalmologist Evaluation
- Breed Club
- Breed Club Rescue: American Belgian Laekenois Association
- Breed Club Rescue Email: email@example.com
- Breed Club Rescue Phone: 209-369-7237
- Breed Club Rescue Link: http://www.belgianlaekenoisclub.us/
Sorry, there are no Belgian Laekenois puppies.
Save this search to be notified when puppies become available.